Thursday, March 18, 2010

Flapjacks!



These were soooo yummy!!!  If you like granola and/or granola bars, these flapjacks are a fantastic combination of the two.  Usually when you hear the word flapjack, you think of a pancake.  Well that's the American version of a flapjack.  Flapjack's are a British dessert which combines buttery cooked sugar and oats.  So simple and delicious! 

The recipe calls for golden syrup, which is apparantly only sold in England, or british import stores.  I couldn't get my hands on the stuff and was way too eager to make them!  I luckily had all the ingredients in my apartment and made my own interpretation of golden syrup (I mixed maple syrup and dark corn syrup).  I also added a touch of vanilla and more than a pinch of salt, which is what the recipe suggests. 

Remember last Saturday?  How awful the weather was?  Wow it was just terrible!  Well I was warm and dry inside - baking - FLAPJACKS!  It may have been miserable outside, but inside, my apartment smelled amazing and the flapjacks were a perfect treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment