Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Baguettes for Little Chef Co.


So there was a bit of a catastrophe on last Saturday morning.  I used a different type of flour and I'm not quite sure how it affected the baguette recipe, but as you can blatantly see, the baguettes turned out much differently than my last two attempts.  We almost had a major fire in the apartment because the breads baked up much faster than the other times and I didn't expect them to bake so fast!  All things considered, The Little Chef Co. still produced amazing sandwiches.  The pictures below prove it!




And thankfully, we were able to salvage 4 out of the 6 baguettes that I had made!  Later that day I used the scraps for bread pudding.  The recipe is from Tartine, a bakery my roommates and I visited last year in San Francisco.  If you ever find yourself in San Francisco - you must go there!  Everything was amazing - we tasted so much there and kvelled over everything!  I adapted their recipe for bread pudding by using 100% cream because I didn't have any milk in the apartment, and I added chopped chocolate.  Also, the recipe calls for brioche, but my scraps were baguettes.  It just goes to show you that you don't always have to stick to a recipe - the bread pudding still turned out sensational!



No comments:

Post a Comment